Everyone probably has their go-to pasta sauce. Truth be known, I tend to have an idea of what I would like and check the pantry for ingredients. No recipe is the same as the last. This week, it happened again, but I wanted to write down the combinations to have it again because it was so good. It produced a thick and meaty sauce. My granddaughters enjoyed the second day and said how much they liked it, so I guess it’s a keeper. It’s also quick and easy, so it can be made at the last minute if necessary. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground meat, I used ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ½-1 teaspoon salt, your taste
- A couple of shakes of red pepper flake, adjust to your taste
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add the meat. Cook until no longer pink. Add garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cook 1-2 minutes more until it smells lovely.
- Add crushed tomatoes to the meat mixture and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve with pasta.
Note: I read this week to be generous with the seasonings for pasta sauce because you are adding it to unseasoned pasta. I tried that, and it worked. Your family may need less or more, so adjust accordingly. Don’t be afraid to experiment. Happy cooking!
When I feel like the day is great? Pasta. When I feel like I want the day to be great? Pasta. It’s just awesome.Jennifer Hyman
2 Comments Add yours
Everyday is pasta sauce for me 🙂 except my tomato sauce come from my landlords garden. Mama Mia!!!
Always love reading your content xx Letty
Sent from my iPhone
So good to hear from you! I would love to sample that fresh pasta sauce. So fun to have that experience. ❤