This is a super quick and easy recipe that is great whenever you don’t have a lot of time. For those of you on WW this can be zero points if beans are part of your zero points foods.
Feeds four to six hungry people
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or spritz pot with spray oil
- 4 15 ounce cans black beans
- 1 ½ cups chunky salsa
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt to your taste, I use a teaspoon, sometimes more
- Add olive oil to a medium sized Dutch oven or soup pot on medium heat
- Add onions to pot and sauté until soft. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add seasonings and cook another minute until fragrant.
- Add beans and salsa. Simmer for about thirty minutes.
- Serve with toppings of your choice such as sliced green onions, plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, cilantro, tortilla chips, and/or cheese.