Crockpot to the rescue again.
The time to start cooking the evening meal, and the hottest point of the day at the farmhouse happen to be the same. Boy, do I want to skip it, but the family has other ideas. When we are in Oklahoma, it is our practice to come together for supper after the girls get off work. I do love it. The girls feel spoiled by a meal they didn’t have to cook, and I get to hear about what’s going on in their lives. It’s a perfect way to end to a day.
As you know, I use slow cooking a lot. It especially helps when the kitchen is hot, and you don’t want to be near a stove. Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Chicken is another Dumping Dinner recipe and can be done quickly in the Instant Pot as well. Serve it with pasta, rice, or potatoes. It reminds me of Chicken a la King, an old-timey dish that was served in puff pastry cups or on toast.
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Chicken
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, I use fat-free
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts and broth in the crockpot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, until done.
- Remove chicken and chop or shred. Return to pot.
- Add cream cheese and peppers. Allow cheese to melt. Stir to incorporate.
- Serve with pasta, rice, potatoes, or even toast.
Cooking is not difficult. Everyone has taste, even if they don’t realize it. Even if you’re not a great chef, there’s nothing to stop you understanding the difference between what tastes good and what doesn’t.Gerard Depardieu
Weight Watcher SP: 1. Count pasta, rice, or potatoes separately.