It seems you can get almost any dish in bowl form these days. I have a few that keep showing up at my table week after week. I like the all-in-one ease of protein, whole grains, and vegetables. Not only are they pretty and full of texture, they are also delicious and satisfying each bite different from the last.
This version is done in an instant pressure cooker. If you are new to pressure cooking, be sure to familiarize yourself with your pot by reading the manufacturer’s guide. Once you get the hang of it, you will wonder why you didn’t get one sooner.
Greek Chicken Bowls
(Instant Pressure Cooker method)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- A shake of red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced ½ inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons pepperoncini brine (You can us lemon juice if you prefer.)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, quartered, and diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- ½ cup sliced Kalamata olives
- ¼ cups minced red onion
- ½ cup feta cheese
- In the pressure cooker pot, whisk together the oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and ½ cup of water. Add the chicken, 1 teaspoon of salt, and a few shakes of pepper. Toss chicken until coated.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set the pot to pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. (Cook times may vary depending on the model of the pot. Please refer to the manufacturer’s guide.)
- Follow the manufacturer’s guide for quick release when cooking time is over. When it is safe to open the pot, remove the chicken. Pour the hot liquid into a measuring cup. Refer to the couscous package for the liquid requirement for 2 cups of dry couscous. Add or subtract liquid as needed and return hot liquid to the pot. Add the couscous. Place the glass lid on top and let the couscous sit until tender, 6-7 minutes—fluff with a fork.
- In the meantime, mix the yogurt, pepperoncini brine, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of water to create a sauce.
- When couscous is ready to eat, layer it with chicken and veggies into a bowl. Drizzle with yogurt and sprinkle with cheese.