Sorry, no picture of delicious soup. I was much too distracted to snap one. Most of us know what Chicken Tortilla Soup looks like anyway. Instead, I have included a picture for your baby gazing enjoyment.
Life with a newborn demands simplicity. My crock pot has been well used over the past few weeks as you can imagine. I love meals that you can dump into the slow cooker, set the temp, and come back later to something yummy. I do not want to fall to default mode and order out because I’m just too tired to deal with dinner. Ten minutes at the beginning of the day can change the course of an evening.
Chicken Tortilla Soup is full of good nutrition and flavor with lean proteins and vegetables. You may already have your favorite recipe for this soup. Here’s mine.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, undrained
- 2 15-ounce cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can corn
- 1 cup salsa, your choice
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chilis
- 14.5-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips or strips
- Sliced green onions
- Diced red onions
- Sour cream
- Place all ingredients except toppers into crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours, high for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts, shred, and return to pot. Stir to incorporate.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious and adding the meaningful.