Need something satisfying, easy, and comforting for supper? This will do the trick. I have made this for years, and it always pleases. It is a great dish to serve to company, take to a party, or share with a friend who is need of a meal.
Easy Cheesy Lasagna
• 1 pound Italian sausage
• 4 cups pasta sauce
• 9 no-boil lasagna pasta sheets
• 4 cups cottage cheese, ricotta can be used if you prefer.
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium saucepan, cook sausage. Add pasta sauce and heat through.
- In a medium bowl combine cottage cheese, egg, basil, and parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce in bottom of 9×13 inch casserole that has been sprayed with oil.
- Place three pasta sheets over sauce. Don’t worry. Sheets expand during the cooking process.
- Spread 2 cups of cottage cheese mixture on the sheets.
- Top with 1 cup sauce, sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella on top of sauce.
- Repeat layer.
- Top with remaining pasta sheets and sauce.
- Tightly cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and top with last cup of cheese. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Life is a combination of magic and pasta.Frederico Fellini
It’s Been a Week
This has been another unusual week of staying home, sheltering in place, and stopping the spread of COVID-18. I pray you all have stayed healthy and have done what you can to keep the virus at bay. Together, we can make a difference. And eat some lasagna. It couldn’t hurt. Love you guys!
4 Comments Add yours
“La, la, la, lasagna! You want some lasagna magnifico!” – Weird Al Yankovik
Cannot wait to bake this.
We had it last week. It was so deliciously comforting. Enjoy!
Lasagna is a staple at our house. Danny even makes his own noodles! Thanks for sharing here, Patty, and yes, we’re all hanging in there. Love to you and yours, too!
So good to hear.