Need something satisfying, easy, and comforting for supper? This will do the trick. I have made this for years, and it always pleases. It is a great dish to serve to company, take to a party, or share with a friend who is need of a meal.
Easy Cheesy Lasagna
• 1 pound Italian sausage
• 4 cups pasta sauce
• 9 no-boil lasagna pasta sheets
• 4 cups cottage cheese, ricotta can be used if you prefer.
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a medium saucepan, cook sausage. Add pasta sauce and heat through.
- In a medium bowl combine cottage cheese, egg, basil, and parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce in bottom of 9×13 inch casserole that has been sprayed with oil.
- Place three pasta sheets over sauce. Don’t worry. Sheets expand during the cooking process.
- Spread 2 cups of cottage cheese mixture on the sheets.
- Top with 1 cup sauce, sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella on top of sauce.
- Repeat layer.
- Top with remaining pasta sheets and sauce.
- Tightly cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and top with last cup of cheese. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Life is a combination of magic and pasta.Frederico Fellini
It’s Been a Week
This has been another unusual week of staying home, sheltering in place, and stopping the spread of COVID-18. I pray you all have stayed healthy and have done what you can to keep the virus at bay. Together, we can make a difference. And eat some lasagna. It couldn’t hurt. Love you guys!