The Party’s in the Kitchen: The Awesome Food Award!
Oh, thank you Beckie Lindsey from Spotlight for the nomination. (I think.) If you know anything about me, you know I like food and fun so this is right up my alley so here goes. You may just learn a little bit about me along the way. And did I mention you can join this party!
Here’s the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 10 questions provided.
3. Come up with 10 more questions that relate to food.
4. Invite 10 people to the ‘party’.
Here Are My Answers to Beckie’s Questions:
- Restaurant or Home cooked? I love both actually but home cooked would probably win by a nose. I like to make yummy things. An evening at home with the hubs is always nice.
- What is your go-to dish to prepare for guests? Hmmm. . .One of things I make a lot for guests is soup. There are so many different varieties you can fit any occasion. Throw in some fresh baked bread and you can’t go wrong. It makes things cozy.
- Have you ever fasted from food? If so how long? I have. I have fasted for a three days before. Not too long but also not that easy for a foodie.
- Pie or cake? Again, I like both. Warm Blackberry Pie with vanilla ice cream would be my favorite. (I am drooling now.) If cake, it must have a delicious frosting.
- What condiment can you not live without? I want mayo if I have to choose. I think I ate just mayo sandwiches when I was a kid before I knew what calories were.
- If you could have only one food for an entire week, what would it be? My one food would be PIZZA! It has all the food groups not to mention all the varieties and is oh so yummy. When I was expecting my first child, I think I had pizza several times a week for months.
- Do you regularly watch cooking shows? Chopped. It kind of resembles some days in my kitchen. “What are the secret pantry ingredients and how will they become dinner?” That is the question.
- What’s your favorite junk food? A regular McDonald’s cheeseburger. And a few French fries, of course.
- Chicken, fish, or beef? Chicken is featured more often in the recipes I cook.
- If you were a sandwich, what would kind would you be? Pastrami—spicy, delicious and a bit salty.
So here is your challenge if you wish to join in the fun. Copy and paste the following questions to your blog and tell us your answers. If you’re not a blogger you can play along by posting in the comment section. Everyone’s invited to join the fun. While you’re at it, please hope over these other bloggers and take a look at their sites.
- What’s for Sunday dinner?
- Favorite kitchen tool?
- What was your favorite treat to find in your lunch bag?
- Favorite cuisine?
- Who taught you to cook?
- Do you eat breakfast?
- What do you like to eat for a late night snack?
- What do you go for at a potluck?
- Coffee, tea, or. . ?
- On a stressful day, what do you crave?
Let me know when you’ve posted. Thanks.
Here’s the tricky part for me. I am fairly new to the blogging scene so I don’t have very many to fellow bloggers to invite who haven’t received an invitation already. But never mind that. Let’s get the party started. If you would like to play jump on in. The more the merrier. Be sure to link your blog in the comments.
Here are a couple invites:
Genny at apronarmor.blogspot.com
Misty at beyoutifulmom.com
Have fun everyone!