Now that summer is upon us, we have the opportunity to enjoy picnics, BBQs, and al fresco dinners. These days it can be as simple or as fancy as you like, but the real focus of any event are the people we will share with. For that reason, ease is important to me. Less time in the kitchen means more time with friends and family. One of our family favorites for the grill is Hawaiian BBQ Chicken. This dish has an easy prep with a very delicious outcome. Pair it with grilled veggies, Hawaiian Macaroni Salad, and fresh fruit, and you will have a beautiful table.
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 pounds chicken boneless skinless thighs or breasts, cut into serving size
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 heaping tablespoon garlic chili sauce, optional
- Mix pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in a resealable plastic bag or glass dish with lid.
- Add chicken pieces and marinade for 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken.
- Grill chicken over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Alternative method of cooking: bake in a 375-degree oven until done. Time will depend on the thickness of your chicken pieces.
“I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.”— L.M. Montgomery