Easter is on its way and so is the family. If you are gathering to celebrate the holiday, you may be interested in this brunch recipe that is a favorite at my house. Enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk, anything from whole to 1%
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 4 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- ¾ cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray with nonstick spray or lightly oil an 9-inch square baking pan. *
- Whisk eggs and milk together until blended.
- Add bread; mix lightly.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until center is set and top is lightly browned.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Note: This recipe is versatile and can be changed to suit your likes. How about broccoli and cheddar? Mushroom and Gruyere? Just omit spinach and feta and replace with same amounts of your choice of veggies and cheese. You can even add bacon, sausage, or ham. Change it up every time you make it.
*For larger families: Double the recipe and use a 9×13 baking pan.
Let’s Get Acquainted
What are some of your favorite traditions when celebrating Easter? My family is pretty typical—church and feasting. Oh, yes, and lots of sweet treats. How about you?